Foreigners wishing to secure a job in Cameroon must first start by obtaining a Work Permit.
In order for the Work Permit to be issued is a matter of procedure which needs to be followed by the foreigner before submitting same to the Competent Authorities. The following documents are to be submitted:
- An application for a Work Permit addressed to Competent Authority.
Six copies of the contract of employment dated and signed by the employer and the employee.
- A detailed description of the job in view for which the corresponding profile is related.
- A Medical Certificate dated less than 3 months.
- Certified true copies of academic or professional Certificates.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- A certified true copy of entry visa or Resident Permit for those already residing in Cameroon.
- Detailed organization chart of the company presenting all the posts of managers, office agents as well as the company’s profile.
- Copy of the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Summary of the company’s activities.
Once these documents have been compiled and submitted to the Minister, a Work Permit can either be granted or rejected.
It shall take a period of about 2 months upon application for a Work Permit to be granted, everything being equal.
If after these two months there is no response, the application will be deemed to have been granted.
To this effect, Tamfu & Co Law Office shall be ready to assist you in obtaining one.
Taking into consideration its duration in legal practice,Tamfu & Co Law Office is well experienced and renders expeditious services to all its clients.
So do not hesitate to contact us in case of any doubts.
We shall be most honored in serving you.
Tel: (+237) 679 90 99 09 / firstname.lastname@example.org